Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Friday, August 8, 2008
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Portland Trailblazers center, Greg Oden, finally gets back on the court and looks to make good this season on the promise he showed 2 years ago when he was drafted #1 after his freshman season at Ohio State. Remember when media types were talking about the dearth of quality young big men in the league after Patrick Ewing, David Robinson, and Hakeem Olajuwan retired? Well I think Oden represents the new group of center domination that we are likely to see for the next 15 years, with the likes of Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum. These three players have superstar written all over them. One level down there are players like Andrew Bogut, Al Horford, and Al Jefferson, who will all be All Stars, but not Hall of Fame caliber guys. Overall, this is an exciting time once again for fans of the big men in the NBA. There are still holdovers like Shaq, Yao Ming, Tim Duncan, Tyson Chandler, and Rasheed Wallace, that are at varying times in their career, but no center conversation can be made without them. This is going to be a great season in the paint.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
- Brett Favre headed to Tampa Bay? Maybe by the end of the day.
- Dan Marino to go Dancing With The Stars. As a Dolphins fan I always dreamed of the day that Marino would throw on the uniform and compete again, but I never thought it would be tights and a too too. Marino was never known for his fancy feet so it should be quite interesting to see how he is out there dancing. (Sun-Sentinal)
- OJ's time and co-defendants are running out. (Deadspin)
Posted by Tim at 8:56 AM
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
[W]ith their first game — against the host country — approaching this Saturday, the local papers are already ganging up on Team USA. That is to say: They’re accusing stars LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, and Dwyane Wade of soliciting prostitutes. Well, not prostitutes exactly — “female technicians.”(New York Magazine)I love the term "female technicians". It makes it sound like these girls have come over and helped these guys with their wi-fi connections and iPhone's, but in reality these girls are 'technicians' in the bedroom. I knew lots of guys in college who would brag about themselves being 'technicians,' but I doubt they ever thought they could get paid for making that claim. Let's wait and see if more reports of this comes out before we believe it.
Monday, August 4, 2008
- Paul Pierce and I have so much in common. We both like to abandon our cars and take taxi's when we are not drunk. After passing three DUI tests, he decided driving was just too much for him. (TMZ)
- Sign of the Armagedeon: David Beckham is now a bigger deal than Eli Manning. (IMDB)
- Brett Farve is officially the most qualified backup QB ever. (Sports Illustrated)
- Bill Belicheck Sex Tape????? (JoeSportsFan)
- I hope Mark Cuban becomes the owner of the Cubs, so we can have year round Cuban news. (Deadspin)
Posted by Tim at 8:23 AM
Sunday, August 3, 2008
What is going on here? Someone has too much time on their hands. Is this real? If so I am outraged, I love sharks and PETA should do something about this. Save the sharks. In a world with no sharks, who will star in the next Jaws.
Let's get to the bottom of this.