Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'd expect this from a Red Sox fan...

Mets Fan Busted in Brave Blinding


A Mets fan arrested at Shea Stadium Friday night has been accused of trying to temporarily blind an Atlanta Braves pitcher and shortstop with a high-powered flashlight, authorities said.


WHAT?

Isn't it a little early in the season to be BLINDING players? Jesus. I am always surprised when psycho fans are not Red Sox fans. And I am even more surprised when people are super-passionate about the Mets...I mean that's like getting really excited about ice-berg lettuce.

The alleged criminal's name is Frank Martinez, 40. And, according to 1010Wins recently was fired from his "job as an exterminator." Classy, being blinded by a man who kills bugs. Rather, used to kill bugs.

While watching the Red Sox/Yankees game yesterday with my brother, I asked him why his fiancee didn't join us. "She hates baseball," my brother told me. How can anyone hate baseball with a story like this. This kind of fanaticism is Shakespearean!

(Previously posted on JackieClarke.net)

No comments: