Wednesday, May 30, 2007

LEBRON PROVES ME WRONG

I will be the first to admit I was wrong about Lebron James. A week ago I was bashing him for not being a superstar of the same ilk as Kobe and Dwayne, and all he has done since to prove me wrong is put his team on his back for 2 straight wins. The Cavs are by far a less talented team than the Pistons, but with Lebron as their leader they are working their tails off and scrapping for every loose ball. Lebron has re-asserted himself as a dominant scorer and playmaker. He almost had another triple double last night even without his sidekick Larry Hughes, who appears to be out for the playoffs. The Pistons had no answer for him on D, but it was really Lebron's D on Chauncey Billups that made the difference. Lebron kept Billups out of the post, which is his strength, thereby making the Pistons refocus their offense. This was crucial in their victory. If Lebron keeps on playing like this, we will have a star from the 2005 draft lead his team to the championship game. This draft has already been talked about in the same vein as the 1984 draft, but until Lebron gets his team to the Finals I reserve my vote.

No comments: