Wednesday, June 27, 2007

WAIT MAYWEATHER WAS RETIRED?

Floyd Mayweather Jr. on the challenge of fighting Ricky Hatton:

"I was retired but I'll sign to fight Hatton right now. I've tried to let the things he said about me slide by, but now he's 'dissing' me on national TV and I want to shut him up. I've never wanted to hurt an opponent like I do Hatton.

"Ricky Hatton cannot fight. He throws one punch at a time and then holds. Hatton is the most overrated fighter of the last 25 years."


I am sick and tired of boxers saying they are retired and then coming back and fighting a few months later. Do these guys know what retired means? Mayweather said farewell to boxing last month after beating Oscar De La Hoya, and all he has done since is talk trash with some Ultimate Fighters and now agree to take on Hatton. Sounds like he is really enjoying that time off. What will Mayweather's retirement include next, a rematch with De La Hoya?

No comments: