Friday, June 22, 2007

The Pirates: Laugh To Keep From Crying



I love the Pirates. They are my baseball team #1. And I saw this on-line, less than 2 weeks after the Sopranos finale: A spot on in-game parody involving the Parrot and other organizations characters (those are perogies, by the way, and they race each other on field between innings at PNC Park).

You think I would bee pleased by this clever little clip. NO. Not at all. Why are they good at this and SUCK at giving me a decent baseballl team to watch. I hate the Pirates ownership. The controlling owner is named "Nutting" which is exactly what he has been doing all over Pirates fans for a decade. Give us a beautiful stadium, but nothing to put in it. Great videos, but awful highlights (we just got shut out by Jeff Weaver, who had previously been 0-6 with a double sigit ERA). All the bells and whistles, but don't the bells and whistles need to be attached to something, like a train, even a merry-go-round would be good.

Being a Pirate fan these days is like living in exile of a once proudd country, waiting for the revolutionary coup that never comes:
Actual protest have been scheduled - http://www.pittsburghsportsinsider.com/?p=970
As well as - http://iratefans.com/

Where have you gone, Andy Van Slyke? (http://whereisvanslyke.blogspot.com/)
www.sellthepirates.com


Keep up the fight, comrades.
But maybe, to be more accurate, its what my cousin John told me before this season:
Being a Pirate fan is like having colon cancer

No comments: